POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : feature request : feature request Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:21:39 EDT (-0400)
  feature request
From: Rem
Date: 23 Mar 1999 07:24:22
Message: <36F784D4.A7464CC6@g.host>
Since I do a lot of outdoor scenes I'd like it very much if there were a simple
feature like 'atmospheric perspective'. At the moment a horizontal plane will
get darker towards the horizon and this is opposite to what you might expect. It
should be simple to implement such a thing which simply makes the color get
lighter at a bigger distance. At the moment I find myself struggling with fog or
media every time and not really getting the right result. Besides fog/media can
slow down rendering whereas the other option will make almost no difference.
It'd need only one parameter which defines how light (close to white) you want
the horizon to be.
Is this a stupid idea?

Rem