POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : media sizes : Re: media sizes Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:28:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: media sizes
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 21 Mar 1999 13:22:04
Message: <36F538C5.22B09F62@aol.com>
Again, scaling it, adjusting...
If you use turbulence you may get a clipped media, especially noticeable
with spherical mapped media in a typical 1 POV unit sphere container and
the density ranging from none at 0 (outer edge) and full at 1 (center)
with turbulence 1 since the media then jumps around inside. As a general
rule you can either scale the media itself (or
density{density_map{}scale}) a bit smaller or perhaps add a secondary
media 'absorption' with frequency -1 based loosely upon the first;
however not as easy to get right.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe