POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rusticles : Rusticles Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:18:47 EDT (-0400)
  Rusticles
From: Simon de Vet
Date: 20 Mar 1999 17:11:32
Message: <36F41D8C.8F4410A9@istar.ca>
Any ideas on how to make those rust-icicles you see on the wrek of the
Titanic, and other ship wrecks?

Some ideas:

Blobs: Probably most realistic. However, would have to do some coding to
get them randomized, and I am not a coding kind of person...

Heightfields: Good to get more complex shapes, and cover large areas at
one time. However, very hard to look anywhere near realistic...

Media: Some kind of media, in cylinders or cones? I know nothing about
the intracies of the field, so I'll leave this one out, for now...

Any other ideas?

Simon
http://home.istar.ca/~sdevet