POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New website. : Re: New website. Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:23:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New website.
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 20 Mar 1999 01:53:02
Message: <36F345B7.6C6E8FCF@aol.com>
See below, intermingled.

Andrew Cocker wrote:

> Well, you're not the only one who is apparently having problems. Someone said that
it
> appeared to download okay, but played silence. It's possibly something that I'm
doing
> wrong, but I don't know what. It works fine for me by just clicking on the link..it
> buffers for a while, then plays.

I couldn't get that. It only does a direct URL from the player.

 I cleared out the cache, so it was definitely downloading
> it form the site.
> Are you using Win 95/98? Are you using RealPlayer G2? I'm concerned that everything
is not
> working as it should.
> Has anyone any suggestions?

Not a one. Win95 and RealPlayer G2 is what I have. G2 nagged me about an
update, but somehow I wouldn't think that is it as I've played many,
many, many rm files, music, live and recorded video too.
Ah ha! I just thought of something! I have a notoriously slow
connection, did you make the files with some sort of connection speed
limitation? Don't know how they are made but the 14.4K, 28.8K, etc.
minimums are seen all the time.

>     Harmonising with myself, you mean? Yeah, I've got a number of tracks like that (
not
> the ones I posted, unfortunately ). Of course, you'll be able to purchase the cd
when it's
> released ;-)

Yeah, that's it harmonising :}
Sounds like it would be a good CD from what I managed to hear.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe