POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : media sizes : Re: media sizes Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:23:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: media sizes
From: PoD
Date: 19 Mar 1999 15:34:11
Message: <36F2B4C2.4E52@merlin.net.au>
portelli wrote:

>         Can media only be put in large containers?  Large with respect to one
> POV unit.  Most examples I've seen have large spheres with media in
> them.  Is there a way to scale down the media or containers?  Or do I
> have to enlarge everything in my scene?

Media have to be tuned to the size of the container in order to look
right.
Just as in real life, you might be able to see right through a glass of
murky water
but couldn't see the bottom of a swimming pool full of the same water.
So the
density of the media must be adjusted for the effect you want.
You also have to scale any patterns to the overall scale of your scene.

Most important, Practice ;)

Cheers, PoD.