POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Help with light code : Re: Help with light code Server Time
1 May 2024 08:37:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help with light code
From: Ken
Date: 19 Mar 1999 10:02:47
Message: <36F26634.87CEA7C0@pacbell.net>
Pedro Graterol wrote:

> Thank you very much for your help.  I think it was my way of writing  :-)
>
> Bob Hughes wrote in message <36F1C9AC.2F7B35F9@aol.com>...
> >I may have misunderstood entirely your attempt, which is common when
> >trying to convey things.
>
> You are right, the green is a mistake but, as it happens to me very
> frequently, I do not see it is in front of me until someone says so :-)
> Thanks for that too (I was wondering "why dear Lord????")
>
> I will continue working in that image piece now.
>
> Marjorie Graterol

   Since Bob called me out I will offer one suggestion anyway. A neat
 trick for lowering the brightness of a light source with very precise
 control is to wrap it in a sphere with a white filtering pigment. If
 you use rgbf 1 then the brightness of the light coming from inside
 the sphere will be the same. As you gradually lower this the amount
 of light that is allowed to pass is reduced. The accuracy of control
 comes from the amount of decimal places you can use to specify the
 filter value with. Try it, it will work, and then you can tell everybody
 that will listen that you heard it here first.

 --
 Ken Tyler

 mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net