POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to number objects? : Re: How to number objects? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:23:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to number objects?
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 19 Mar 1999 07:35:49
Message: <36F243FB.885C6F85@aol.com>
My earlier version put the number label on one of the cones in my CSG.  The
method I used is the one you described.
In my latest version, I have switched to a sPatch model. It's no longer CSG of
primitives but about 25 bicubic patches.

I like letting the software do the work.  I can then easily change my number
"n" of actors from 15 to 40 with a single keystroke! Furthermoe, I have wasted
HOURS in the past trying to get a bitmap to align with any kind of sense on my
object.