POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to number objects? : Re: How to number objects? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:26:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to number objects?
From: Robert J Becraft
Date: 19 Mar 1999 07:27:17
Message: <36F2417A.668@aol.com>
Without seeing your code or original creations, I suspect that the point
on the creature's body you wish to place this number has a primative
shape (cylinder, sphere, etc.).  Simply create the primative, apply your
number and position it appropriately overlapping your creature in the
proper position.

You might want to experiment for "speed" by testing wether your method
of intersection of text and the object works better or simply making a
bitmap with a background that is transparent. (Ie. sometimes you have to
make all those bitmaps!)

Regards,
Robert J Becraft
aka cas### [at] aolcom