POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : need some information : Re: need some information Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:23:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: need some information
From: Ken
Date: 19 Mar 1999 05:09:08
Message: <36F22166.512CF6A2@pacbell.net>
nico wrote:

> Hello
>
> I would like to know  if it is possible to render scenes containing
> mathematical equations
> such as ,let s say sqrt(x)=1.Instead of writing sqrt  I want to use the
> following symbol:
>
> .                ........... .
>     .        .
>          .
>
> I have tried to copy the sign from other documents (WORD)  paste it  on
> pov's editor and render it as a text object but it did not work.
> Thanks
> nico

  Your pretty much stuck with the current language I'm afraid to say.
It's much easier for the programmers to keep the language consistant
using a text based only language than it is to start introducing a
mix of symbols and text. Most people don't have the ability to enter
the non standard keyboard symbols any way and as you have said you were
forced to copy and paste it into the editor to even try it.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net