POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : .pov to .max converters? : Re: .pov to .max converters? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 14:37:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: .pov to .max converters?
From: Ken
Date: 18 Mar 1999 22:20:01
Message: <36F1C188.BA76C0AF@pacbell.net>
J.L.Anderson wrote:

>     How do you convert .3ds to Povray complete with textures???  Every time I try
> to use 3DWin I seem to only be able to convert to a .odo/.inc file to bring into
> Moray and NO textures come along???
>
> Jon Anderson

  None of them really do as far as I know. Crossroads 3D will give an
approxamation of the original colors with declared Pov pigments but
if there were any special materials or image maps forget it. The
most important thing is that the conversion program keeps whatever
seperate group from the original seperate at export time to Pov. If it
does not do this, and gorups them all into one big mesh, there is
almost no way to know where to split the mesh object for seperate
textures and you end up with a single texture object.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net