POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rendering in B&W? : Re: Rendering in B&W? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 13:18:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering in B&W?
From: Spider
Date: 15 Mar 1999 06:53:24
Message: <36ECF2E1.80300B9@bahnhof.se>
I di da new test with my demo-file, this time setting ambient_light 0, and then
changing the Assumed Gamma Value, I did tests on theese settings:
// assumed_gamma 0.5 //Gamma off
assumed_gamma 0.5
assumed_gamma 1.0
assumed_gamma 1.8
assumed_gamma 2.2

The differences are clear, and the most noteworthy difference is the green
lights shadow on the images(It's "lacking" in the macro BW image) as well as a
highlight that is larger in the macro version. other than this, the blue box are
in different shades of black, but not as noteworthy as the difference in the
background.
I can post the images if you wish.(5*2 files)

--
//Spider
( spi### [at] bahnhofse ) [ http://www.bahnhof.se/~spider/ ]