POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Blob tutorials? : Re: Blob tutorials? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:28:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blob tutorials?
From: Martin Magnusson
Date: 15 Mar 1999 07:03:13
Message: <36ECF282.1A5BECFA@student.uu.se>
Mike Metheny wrote:
> I've just started to work with blobs; and my blob isn't blobbing.  Are there
> any web tutorials around on blobs and using them that are more extensive
> than the POV tutorial?

Well, I think the best advice on blobs (at least the one that helped me
the most)
is that one must remeber that blobs are *fields of strength*, not
spheres or
cylinders.
In order for two components to join, they must first of all intersect,
and the
threshold value must be greater than the sum of their strengths in the
intersecting
area.
Another trick that helps a lot when designing blobs is using transparent
spheres
to visualize the edges of the components, so for each spherical
component you could
have something like:

/*
blob