POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Q: Math : Re: Q: Math Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:21:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Q: Math
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 15 Mar 1999 03:24:05
Message: <36ECC3A3.90784F20@peak.edu.ee>
Stephen Lavedas wrote:

> Since the question has been answered I'll leave it alone, but I must say
> that we JUST went over finding the normal to a plane through a point on
> the plane in Linear Algebra last week.  I really like a class I can
> apply to thinks I enjoy doing.
>
> Steve

Well, it's been a while since I studied it (and I wasn't into POV back
then). So maybe you remember how to accomplish this: given a normal vector
and the distance along that normal (like a plane{}), how can I create a
matrix of, let's say spheres, with their centres lying on that plane?
Should be some kind of reverse-engineering of the cross product, but what?

Margus