POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Speed issue on scenes : Re: Speed issue on scenes Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:25:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speed issue on scenes
From: Ken
Date: 12 Mar 1999 19:10:41
Message: <36E9AC3C.84B8F954@pacbell.net>
Spider wrote:

> Hi, I've been working some with a glass object(a tree, recursed pretty low only
> a few hundred objects.) using a fairly high IOR and some caustics, I had planned
> to do a check of what the photon-mapping would add to this, but with a render
> time at 6pps as it's best in normal POV, I can hardly get it finished..
> I need to use AA, or it looks crap, but does anyone have some good AA settings
> for a render that won't take the highest of times to use ?
>
> Theese are my ini settings
> Width=512
> Height=384
> Antialias=On
> Antialias_Threshold=0.3
> sampling_method=1
> antialias_depth = 4
> jitter=on
> jitter_amount = 1

You might try disabling jitter and rely on the AA feature alone. The two
used together is probably what's eating up the CPU time. First you tell
it to juggle the pixels around and then you are telling it to fix it.
Not the most optimized conditions for speed I'm afraid.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net