POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rendering in B&W? : Re: Rendering in B&W? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:17:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering in B&W?
From: Ken
Date: 12 Mar 1999 05:04:04
Message: <36E8E5D5.C336332C@pacbell.net>
Richard Speir wrote:

> Using a filter? Please elaborate. I'd like to know how you do this.

A simple way would be to use something like a box in front of the camera
with a filtering pigment. Only certain colors owuld be allowed to pass
while others would be blocked. If you use several layers of pigments
you can greatly lower the bands of permissable colors allowed to pass.

I'm not sure if this is what he had in mind but it will work to some extent.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net