POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : [![![!READ ME!]!]!] : Re: [![![!READ ME!]!]!] Server Time
12 Aug 2024 13:16:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [![![!READ ME!]!]!]
From: Anthony Bennett
Date: 11 Mar 1999 15:08:27
Message: <36E82378.2027DC10@panama.phoenix.net>
> Yes, it is great isn't it?  Of course I must admit I use other software (the
> ones you branded as not being good...

By saying that I was glad I chose the good renderer, doesn't imply that the
other ones don't have their fortes, they do, but that this was the one that I
found myself more at home with and free to put the picture's in my mind's eye
into a real picture. Sure, the others are also great. I can't imagine companies
trying to make Titanic and Jurassic Park and such with POV. That would be crazy.

> maybe if you actually PURCHASED one of them...)

I have actually tried almost all of them (Bryce 2 & 3d, 3DS Max 1 & 2 & 2.5,
Lightwave 5.6, and others). Bryce is nice, but it lacks in output, animation
(that is easy to do), etc. 3DS Max is very nice, but without a manual, very
confusing. It scared me, to be honest. Lightwave I like. No complaints about it.
But I chose to use POV and until I have a couple thousand bucks, I'll keep using
it.

Your site is nice, BTW.