POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radial effect : Re: Radial effect Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:24:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radial effect
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 11 Mar 1999 05:33:59
Message: <36E79BD6.E2A0751D@aol.com>
Oh man did I goof!
No, no, no. Not this:

 density { spherical
  density_map {
     [0 White] //inner (a regular old fashioned texture goes this way)
     [1 Clear] //outer
    }
  }

But this instead is correct:

 density { spherical
  density_map {
     [0 Clear] //outer, zero meaning least dense only when media
     [1 Inner] //inner, one is most dense
    }
  }

Also, using previously defined density {} statements:

  density {
    spherical
    density { MyFirstDensity }
    density { MySecondDensity }
  }

Think I confused your reversed material texture_map when writing my
previous reply, so sorry.