POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Truncation : Re: Truncation Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:22:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Truncation
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 11 Mar 1999 03:10:04
Message: <36E779F5.F8FDDCE6@aol.com>
Hold over from the DOS days I suppose. With the Windows versions no
doubt it could be done, probably keeping the platform dependancies at a
minimum I guess is reason why not (like I'd know?).
Well anyway, yes, those two things would be great assets. Scene files
can already be made into *.bak files but this is a short-lived file
itself being overwritten again and again. Think people see the multitude
of excess image files as potential clutter, not to be saved as relics of
past renders of the same file. So as a minimum a backup image file would
be a fine thing at least.
The long file names is long overdue imho also.
As much as this all sounds like more POV-User babble, makes me wonder
why the POV-Team hadn't wanted it this way long before now though.
Obstacles in there somewhere?

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
 mailto:inv### [at] aolcom?PoV