POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Crash! : Re: Crash! Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:19:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crash!
From: Ken
Date: 10 Mar 1999 22:13:50
Message: <36E733BC.AD06457E@pacbell.net>
Dennis Miller wrote:

> I was working happily on a scene using Quality 4 as my setting, then
> when I switched to the default Quality (9?), POVray 3.1 crashed:

> There are a bunch of macros in the scene, and I could post it if that
> would be helpful.
> Any ideas?
> Thanks,
> d.

I get those on a somewhat regular basis. I think it might be bad memory
locations or the program is trying to access memory allocated to other
resources. If you were running macros there is no doubt the program was
scrambling around trying to find places to store the data while it
processed it and might have glitched on a read or write operation.

Unless you have a piece of code that will without fail cause the same
error to happen the Pov team doesn't wan't to hear about it. They
can't really tell from that fault message what occured to cause the
problem and if they can't reproduce it themselves they have no where
to start looking to resolve it.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net