POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mesh Texturing : Re: Mesh Texturing Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:20:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh Texturing
From: Ken
Date: 10 Mar 1999 01:04:15
Message: <36E60A76.19A14081@pacbell.net>
Gordon wrote:

> Hi All,
> I was curious if POVRay handles interiors for meshes in the same way as
> textures. In other words, you MUST only use predefined interiors, and, it
> only stores a pointer to the interior if you copy the object rather than
> copying the definition.

I'm unsure what you mean here ?

> Also, is there any way you can declare a combination of a texture and an
> interior so it can be passed to a macro and used to apply to a
> smooth_triangle. Related to this, I can creat an array of intermediate
> textures from two pre-defined textures using a calculated "average"
> texture_map, can anyone think of a way to do the same with arbitrary
> interiors (which may of course contain several media statements and several
> densities).
>
> Thanks for any input,
>
> Gordon
> <gbe### [at] birdcameroncomau>

  New with v3.1 was the addition of the material statement. It will
allow you to combine interiors with textures as a single declared
"material". This allows you a lot of possible combinations and if
used in a loop or clock function can be made to vary as would any
other pigment or texture type. I haven't experimented with it much
as I should have by now but it certainly has potenetial.

As far as the arbitrary interiors I have little to offer. I haven't
tried combining interiors inside a material statement but it should
be possible. Maybe its will do what you need.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net