POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Alpha channel problem with Media's : Re: Alpha channel problem with Media's Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:18:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alpha channel problem with Media's
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 8 Mar 1999 05:44:11
Message: <36E3A9FC.1ECA23D1@peak.edu.ee>
I haven't done an alpha channel image of a media. But if it doesn't work, this
is what you can do: render the media on a black background, with a
black-and-white colour map. Where the media is denser, it is brighter. Less
dense - darker. Save this at 8 bpp and you've got your alpha image.
This is untested, but it should work just fine.

Margus