POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How do I use a .DXF file in POV? : Re: How do I use a .DXF file in POV? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:26:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How do I use a .DXF file in POV?
From: Thomas Baier
Date: 8 Mar 1999 01:17:23
Message: <36E36BF7.A5D67B70@ibm.net>
Hi,

> Well, 3DWin didn't work.  It output plain, not smooth, triangles, and the
> resulting .inc file couldn't be read by POV 3.1 "Superpatch" anyway!

If your resulting mesh is flat you have to set the smoothing angle in the pov
export option dialog.
High value produces less flat triangles.

It could be that big dxf meshes needs lot of time to import. DXF is a very
inefficient file format.

If it is possible please use 3ds.

Anyway, next version of 3DWin will improve the speed of DXF imports.

-tb