POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Possible atmospheric solution? : Re: Possible atmospheric solution? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:18:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Possible atmospheric solution?
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 7 Mar 1999 23:19:11
Message: <36E34FA2.7187E2E7@Kopp.com>
I read the paper (very nice images in it).  But you'll notice that, unlike
the original work that Jensen did on photon maps (which ran on a low-end
linux box), the atmospheric stuff was rendered on an 8 (or was it 16?)
processor graphics workstation with many, many megabytes of memory.

I do plan to implement it, but it's not top priority right now.  First,
I want to work on finishing photon mapping for caustics, then make it
work with radiosity.  Also, I want to have a closer look at media to
try to get back the adaptive sampling method before introducing volume
photons.

-Nathan