POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Possible atmospheric solution? : Re: Possible atmospheric solution? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:18:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Possible atmospheric solution?
From: Ken
Date: 7 Mar 1999 19:29:37
Message: <36E3193A.BDB019@pacbell.net>
Andrew Cocker wrote:

> HI Ken,
>
> That was quick! Do you have a permanent internet connection, or free local calls? If
so,

> Have you had any luck with your consequtive images/
>
> ---------
> Andy

 I get about 140 hrs. per month fixed rate internet access through my
phone company and a fixed monthly rate for all phone calls to the
dialup connection in my calling area. My phone bill with internet
access and normal phone usage, i.e. no long distance calls, runs less
than $40 a month US. That's less than most US families pay with no
internet connection but have two teenagers in their house.

 As far as the other project I have had no success making it work. Either
I am too dense or there is something wrong with the exapmles given me so
far. I can get the include file method to work but can't seem to figure
out how to use successive images to create height fields as I am tring
to do.
  The HF statement want's a syntax of:

height_field {"tga "xxx.tga"  stuff }

 I can't figure out how to use the code provided to satisfy it's need
for the - tga "xxx.tga" - part of the syntax. If you have any suggestions
I am willing to listen to your advice.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net