POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : An Idea : Re: An Idea Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:25:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An Idea
From: Ken
Date: 6 Mar 1999 22:46:44
Message: <36E1F5EF.F2EAB448@pacbell.net>
Stephen Lavedas wrote:

> Well, it seems that recently I have enjoyed tackling "challenges" in
> POVRay more than creating scenes.  I'm sure I'll go back to making
> images that do more than demonstrate my code at some point, but I
> recently had a little brainstorm (like 2 minutes ago).  My brainstorm
> involves the object of the day (for those of you who somehow didn't see
> Ken's posts that would be the heightfield) and the idea of controlling
> it more specifically (for instance animating waves?)  I realized that,
> (and maybe I've just missed when people started using this) morphing is
> the answer.  Heighfields are built off of 2D images.  Now it is possible
> to morph a single image with itself, just using control lines.  This is
> the method I would suggest, the question is, are we content with the
> current morphing software, or should I spend some time playing with
> making a util specifically for heightfields?
>
> Steve

    Kind of funny that you bring this up. I ran across some old
  C code the other day that has to do with image creation for
  use in a HF wave generating routine. I have been busy the last
  couple of days and just haven't had a chance to approach one of
  you programmer types to see if it was possible to impement this
  application for Pov.

  For further consideration and an explanation of the process visit
  the the following link:

  ftp://wuarchive.wustl.edu/graphics/graphics/misc/wave/README

  The source code can be seen at:

  ftp://wuarchive.wustl.edu/graphics/graphics/misc/wave

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net