POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : An Idea : An Idea Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:24:21 EDT (-0400)
  An Idea
From: Stephen Lavedas
Date: 6 Mar 1999 21:21:15
Message: <36E1E2F0.F35B59D1@virginia.edu>
Well, it seems that recently I have enjoyed tackling "challenges" in
POVRay more than creating scenes.  I'm sure I'll go back to making
images that do more than demonstrate my code at some point, but I
recently had a little brainstorm (like 2 minutes ago).  My brainstorm
involves the object of the day (for those of you who somehow didn't see
Ken's posts that would be the heightfield) and the idea of controlling
it more specifically (for instance animating waves?)  I realized that,
(and maybe I've just missed when people started using this) morphing is
the answer.  Heighfields are built off of 2D images.  Now it is possible
to morph a single image with itself, just using control lines.  This is
the method I would suggest, the question is, are we content with the
current morphing software, or should I spend some time playing with
making a util specifically for heightfields?

Steve