POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Reading Consequtive Images : Re: Reading Consequtive Images Server Time
12 Aug 2024 09:27:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reading Consequtive Images
From: Ken
Date: 6 Mar 1999 00:01:59
Message: <36E0C02C.984E772E@pacbell.net>
Roland Mas wrote:

> > For twenty or so images I can write twenty pov files. I have closer
> > to 500 images and no way am I going to hand edit 500 pov files to
> > make it work.
>
> You could do it quite simply with a Perl script.  Or even, just a
> shell script.
>
> Roland.
> --
>                                                          Roland Mas

I could have probably hacked something together in qbasic to generate
the files as well but the amount of space the files would take and
batch rendering nature of the process is not too appealing. I don't
recall the number but pov also has a top end for the number of files
it will hold in the file queue. I prefer when at all possible to let
Pov do the dirty work for me. And really who wouldn't ?

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net