POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Upcoming official POV-Ray 3.1e for Unix/Linux : Upcoming official POV-Ray 3.1e for Unix/Linux Server Time
12 Aug 2024 09:25:29 EDT (-0400)
  Upcoming official POV-Ray 3.1e for Unix/Linux
From: Mark Gordon
Date: 3 Mar 1999 21:07:22
Message: <36DDEC0A.B036ABF0@mailbag.com>
Hey, folks.  I'm the guy who released an unofficial POV-Ray 3.1 for
Linux last November, the one whose URL gets mentioned whenever (e.g.
yesterday) someone asks when the official POV-Ray 3.1 for Linux is
coming out.

The bad news is that I will soon no longer be distributing an unofficial
POV-Ray 3.1 for Linux.

The good news is that I have accepted the position of Unix coordinator
for the POV-Ray team.

I would like to thank publicly all those who have contributed bug
reports and bug fixes to my unofficial versions.  I have emailed those
of you who have contributed code to my versions asking your permission
to include these changes in the official version.

I am currently testing what will become the official POV-Ray 3.1e for
Unix/Linux.  It should be released soon. The long wait is nearly over.

Until we release the official version, my latest unofficial version will
remain available from my personal web site.  Once we release the
official version, I will be taking the unofficial version off my
personal web site, and I will then no longer be supporting my unofficial
version.  I will be supporting the official version, though.

--
Mark Gordon
mtg### [at] mailbagcom