POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Poser Objects in POV : Re: Poser Objects in POV Server Time
8 Jul 2024 18:30:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poser Objects in POV
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 1 Mar 1999 10:06:01
Message: <36DAAD3B.4D842486@inapg.inra.fr>
Sorry, it doesn't seem to recognise 3DS files from Poser. No error message, but
the inc file is empty (and no texture is generated)  :

/*
 E:\temp\f1.3ds
 Generated by 3ds2pov by Thomas Baier (thb### [at] ibmnet)
*/
#debug concat("Clock:",str(clock,5,2),"\n")
#debug "Parsing Inc started ...\n"
#debug "Parsing Inc finished\n"

That's all.

No explanation from the log :
Parsing E:\temp\f1.3ds ...
General animation settings:
  Length: 30
Missing scene camera
Adding Default Camera ...
Missing scene lights
Adding default lights
Parsing E:\temp\f1.3ds finished

There may be something in the way Poser creates 3DS files.
Looks like I'm doomed as far as Poser is concerned. I should be a POV snob and
write all them smooth_triangles by hand.

Gilles Tran