POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Mesh extruder macro : Re: Mesh extruder macro Server Time
8 Jul 2024 17:48:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh extruder macro
From: Ken
Date: 26 Feb 1999 13:21:26
Message: <36D6E59C.B08D61ED@pacbell.net>
Gilles Tran wrote:

> Here is the mesh extruder macro I was talking about in my answer to
> Ingo. It takes a spline and extrudes it along another one. It is
> possible to change the resolution of the mesh, and there is a preview
> mode that uses spheres.
> Hint : modifiy the macro and replace the triangles by primitives, and it
> works a little like the famous (and much better done of course) mesh
> deformation macros by Chris Colefax.
> I hope it's clean (and clear) enough though.
> Have fun
> Gilles Tran

  If I understand correctly where you say "It takes a spline and
extrudes it along another one." to mean I can define a shape with
a set of 3D coordinates and then extrude that shape along a predefined
path, be it a spline path, or any other set ot 3D points I wish to feed
it. Is this correct ?

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net