POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help needed with radiosity and caustics and dispersion and... : Re: Help needed with radiosity and caustics and dispersion and... Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:24:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help needed with radiosity and caustics and dispersion and...
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 23 Feb 1999 04:36:14
Message: <36D2768E.1CE8DCD2@peak.edu.ee>
Mike wrote:

> How about giving us the new keywords and a little about what they
> control and we could probably come to a consensus?  Either that, or just
> think to yourself, if I was just using the program and not writing it,
> what would make sense to me.
>
> I think some good examples are the keywords for radiosity.  Like
> grey_threshold could just be grey.  100% grey is no color.  Simpler but
> makes sense.  I think minimum_reuse could just be reuse.
>
> I agree with Ron that it's customary for reserved keywords to use all
> lowercase and user defined terms should start with a Cap.  So be
> specific.  People can change variable names that conflict with them;
> that's what the message window is for. ;)
>
> -Mike

I agree with the abovesaid.
I really don't have a problem with underscores; you could make your keywords
start with sth. unique like photon_* so they would be unlikely to conflict
with variables. However, it's easy for people to change their variables.
Only please, avoid mega-long keywords! I can rarely write max_trace_level in
one go without typos.

Margus