POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help needed with radiosity and caustics and dispersion and... : Re: Help needed with radiosity and caustics and dispersion and... Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:20:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help needed with radiosity and caustics and dispersion and...
From: Mike
Date: 23 Feb 1999 03:36:46
Message: <36D26788.502E2D58@aol.com>
How about giving us the new keywords and a little about what they
control and we could probably come to a consensus?  Either that, or just
think to yourself, if I was just using the program and not writing it,
what would make sense to me.

I think some good examples are the keywords for radiosity.  Like
grey_threshold could just be grey.  100% grey is no color.  Simpler but
makes sense.  I think minimum_reuse could just be reuse.

I agree with Ron that it's customary for reserved keywords to use all
lowercase and user defined terms should start with a Cap.  So be
specific.  People can change variable names that conflict with them;
that's what the message window is for. ;)

-Mike