POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help needed with radiosity and caustics and dispersion and... : Re: Help needed with radiosity and caustics and dispersion and... Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:33:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help needed with radiosity and caustics and dispersion and...
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 22 Feb 1999 14:45:35
Message: <36D1B3FB.1B063D3B@Kopp.com>
Rudy Velthuis wrote:

> Anyway, can't wait to test the alpha. Don't care about the syntax, as long
> as I can use it. There are many syntax issues in POV-Ray I don't like (too C
> oriented <g>), so I don't care about one or two more. I particularly hate
> the keywords with an underscore in it (look_at etc.).

Anyone else out there have any opinions on this... right now I have a lot of
keywords WITH underscores... my reason for this is that the more specific
I make the keyword, the less likely it will be that it conflicts with
somebody's variable name.  You know... now that I think about it, maybe I
should ditch some of those extra-long keywords.  (One of the reasons I
dislike COBOL is the long keywords.)  If somebody wants to use one of my
reserved words for a variable name, too bad.  ;-)

-Nathan