POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pov-Ray v3.1d Comparison Test Results : Re: Pov-Ray v3.1d Comparison Test Results Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:22:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov-Ray v3.1d Comparison Test Results
From: Ken
Date: 22 Feb 1999 10:39:07
Message: <36D179A5.86D8783@pacbell.net>
Marc Schimmler wrote:

> Incredible!
>
> What makes the rendering of the lathe and super'lips so much faster? Any
> idea?
>
> Marc
> --
> Marc Schimmler

  My role in this was to evaluate performance, check for odd behavior,
and report bugs or glaring mistakes. The magic that goes on inside
Pov the program is known to the developers and I am only a volunteer
beta tester. The answer is I don't know what they did, or how, but the
improvements are another feather in their caps to be sure.

  I suggest taking a look at the list of bugs fixed for this version. It
may offer some insight as to what may have contributed to the performance
change.

Both this list and the version realted bugs fixed list is available in the
povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions group on this server.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net