POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Improving POV-Ray. : Re: Improving POV-Ray. Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:30:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Improving POV-Ray.
From: Disnel
Date: 22 Feb 1999 05:36:36
Message: <36D13385.D98CC785@linux.itam.cas.cz>
No and I hope, that POV team will use C or C++ or another portable
language.
There are two reasons:

1) Now I'am very long time waiting for UNIX version of POV.
     With parts in ASM it will take much more time to release this version.

2) Its imposible to write good optimized code for new processor such as
     PII or Merced because its internal structure is too complicated for
     human programmer. Good compiler can do much better this task.