POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV Desktop Theme (2nd try) : Re: POV Desktop Theme (2nd try) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:24:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Desktop Theme (2nd try)
From: Spider
Date: 21 Feb 1999 17:29:11
Message: <36D0875E.E40A835A@bahnhof.se>
"Rune S. Johansen" wrote:

> I think a 640x480 image would be the best choice. That means you can
> always see the whole image. At least I would prefer having a frame around
> the image instead of having some of the image cut off.
> We could also have multiple pictures, but wouldn't that be pretty big?
> What do you think?
<snip>

I have to add here, a web-browser can shrink an image fairly well, one
render at 1152 is good, and then shrinking it down...

As for JPEG, it is acceptable with a low degree of compression.

Wether to only distribute as a 640x480 image is not a good option,
unless there is a single colour outline of the image. I don't enjoy
having a sharp colour contrast on my desktop, it just doesn't fit with
the rest of my layout...

--
//Spider
( spi### [at] bahnhofse ) [ http://www.bahnhof.se/~spider/ ]