POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : World Map of POV-Ray users : Re: World Map of POV-Ray users Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:23:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: World Map of POV-Ray users
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 21 Feb 1999 15:58:24
Message: <36D0734E.3D3E7C2A@aol.com>
Ingo found a site that can take the name of a place (town, city,
country[region]) and get a lat/lon (if it finds the place). Seems to
work well.

 http://164.214.2.59/gns/bin/validate_query

Enter the Name and select a region from the list and send that. Never
mind the rest of the page, unless you have other plans.
For the U.S.A. try this instead:

 http://mapping.usgs.gov/www/gnis/gnisform.html

Just enter Feature Name (city, town, etc.) and the State then Send. A
list will appear showing the coordinate of all related things.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
 mailto:inv### [at] aolcom?PoV