POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to make a rock wall texture : Re: How to make a rock wall texture Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:13:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to make a rock wall texture
From: Tim Soderstrom
Date: 21 Feb 1999 13:50:11
Message: <36D054E5.9DD11087@sitc.net>
Thanks for the help - I could benefit from reading the docs about texturing
(well and using Normal patterns for that matter). On that note, what you say
sounds like it would work perfectly, except the stones won't appear to be
sticking out if I put a texture over a rock texture. I was thinking to solve
that problem of creating a normal map on the rock (first texture). The only
normal map I've used is ripples, so, would I just use the same pigment
parameters for the normal section of the texture?

Again, I apreciate the help, because I don't really have the skills yet to make
fairly decent textures just yet, heh :)

Tim Soderstrom