POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to make a rock wall texture : How to make a rock wall texture Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:18:41 EDT (-0400)
  How to make a rock wall texture
From: Tim Soderstrom
Date: 21 Feb 1999 00:30:51
Message: <36CF998E.AA21A826@sitc.net>
Currently I am in the process of making a scene with a chess board on a
table, with two chairs, and a lamp (among other things) inside of a
small cottage. I have a window next to the ChessBoard on the wall. The
problem is that Pov-Ray does not have any pattern for rock (while it
does have brick) and I want to make a rock type of house and want to
know if there is a fairly easy way of doing it.

I thought of adding turbulence to the brick to get a rocky appearence,
but I haven't tried it yet because I wanted your opinions.

Also,  if there is a tutorial on making good wood surfaces, I'd like to
see it....

Any help would be greatly apreciated!

Tim Soderstrom