POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help needed with radiosity and caustics and dispersion and... : Re: Help needed with radiosity and caustics and dispersion and... Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:25:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help needed with radiosity and caustics and dispersion and...
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 20 Feb 1999 21:11:26
Message: <36CF6B24.BDCB94C4@aol.com>
I've always used a cupped palm to focus dim light into a spot I needed
to see, don't know where I got this from but it's like placing your hand
above your eyes in bright light to shade your eyes as a reflex almost.
Similar thing occurs when you block a light from a shadowy place your
trying to see to adjust your eyes to the darkness there.
Sorry, I wouldn't be much help with that much of a "capture reality"
rendering, especially if you think it might take a lifetime and a cray.
And, hey, I'm both American and *semi*-metric, if that counts for
anything.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
 mailto:inv### [at] aolcom?PoV