POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Math r dumb-Ken r toopid : Re: Math r dumb-Ken r toopid Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:19:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Math r dumb-Ken r toopid
From: Stephen Lavedas
Date: 19 Feb 1999 18:37:56
Message: <36CDF5EF.41A3FA1B@virginia.edu>
While I would be in favor of a solution like PoD's, storing and
retrieving from an array is easy.
#declare num = 20;
#declare MyArray = array[Num];
#declare i = 0;
#while (i < num)
   #declare MyArray[i] = i;
   #declare i = i + 1;
#end
this stores the current value of i into the array at each position (so
MyArray[5] = 5) to get them out, simply do something like the following

#declare i = 0;
#declare Sum = 0;
#while (i < num)
   #declare Sum = Sum + MyArray[i];