POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Math r dumb-Ken r toopid : Math r dumb-Ken r toopid Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:24:06 EDT (-0400)
  Math r dumb-Ken r toopid
From: Ken
Date: 19 Feb 1999 13:28:37
Message: <36CDACF0.398D5F39@pacbell.net>
Howdy Ya'll !

 Is it possible to trap a specific number generated by the rand
function to be used in another portion of a loop ?

  An example of why I ask would be to create non umiform scaled wood
shingles for a roof. They are usually the same in thichkess and length
but the width varies. I could use the rand function within a loop to
vary the scale of each oject generated but it would greatly complicate
the position of the shingles as they are translated into postion through
the loop count. My idea of a solution would be know what variation of
scaling is given by the rand function for each object and using that
value to adjust the translated position of the objects accordingly.
 Is it possible to do something like this and if so how, what, when,
where, and why ?

I appreciate your thoughtful consideration in this matter.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net