POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Improving POV-Ray. : Re: Improving POV-Ray. Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:35:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Improving POV-Ray.
From: Spider
Date: 19 Feb 1999 18:01:14
Message: <36CDACEB.3945631F@bahnhof.se>
I love your heightfield idea, and I have another.
Why not make a heightfield function, but instead of taking an image as
the original object, take a texture or pigment statement. using a
image_map you get the old typpe heightfield, and using any other
pigment, you can loose one stage in hf useage procedure. (many of us
create our height_fields in pov)
Sure, the pigment will need some scaling in all directions to fit
nicely, but this can't be a trouble for the coder. Anyone catching my
idea ?

--
//Spider
( spi### [at] bahnhofse ) [ http://www.bahnhof.se/~spider/ ]