POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Improving POV-Ray. : Improving POV-Ray. Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:21:24 EDT (-0400)
  Improving POV-Ray.
From: Anthony Bennett
Date: 19 Feb 1999 10:55:13
Message: <36CD8ACC.2E8B99D4@panama.phoenix.net>
Thanks for the comments people. I still feel that it could and should be
optimized if possible. Since I don't know anything about raytracing, except
that there is a lot of math involved, I think that that should be the target
area. It doesn't have to be the POV team that does this, they can put out
their C version quickly and easily and someone like Warp (just an example, I
don't want to overload you with more work) could stick in optimizations
where they would indeed improve the speed of calculations.

Anyway, I'm glad I got people talking. Please try to stay within the
discussed subject, don't change it half-way through. It's annoying. Post
these things separately. Thanks. Have a nice day. =)