POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Where are you? : Re: Where are you? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 07:20:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where are you?
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 19 Feb 1999 06:54:09
Message: <36CD50BA.3C25F540@aol.com>
That's what they'd have you believe ;) but Atlanta is simply a concept
of the original, since Montgomery, AL was the Confederate Capitol after
all you know.
Actually, Decatur, AL is about 25 miles N.W. of a region which was known
as the Free State of Winston (my parents have a place on Lewis Smith
Lake there) during the American Civil War. A "hill-people" group, as
they were called, secceeded from the secceeding Confederate States.
Probably not a very well known history lesson, but probably the
predominant opinion today if not back then, or is that my opinion.
If you think about it, the American Revolution was the English civil war
and it's more an oddity that civil break-up doesn't occur more often,
given the fact that this is always going on (world-wide occurances). The
simple fact that the U.S. sees a totally unioned principle is basically
ludicrous in the face of such history. England didn't want to part
company either obviously. Why should anyone, anytime, be any different?
{stepping down off the soap box now}

P.S. good thing this is in the povray.general newsgroup! I'm just glad
to see a healthy thread of posts not reffering to "z" or "s" in words
and those html flamings.