POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Gimp... OffTopic : Re: Gimp... OffTopic Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:25:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gimp... OffTopic
From: Ken
Date: 18 Feb 1999 13:38:19
Message: <36CC5DB4.3E0B42F9@pacbell.net>
Mike wrote:

> I suppose I'll be changing the subject back OT, On Topic that is. :)
>
> I use POV-Ray for making all sorts of gradients and 2D effects.  The
> textures are really useful for that sort of thing.  One of my favorites
> is making special gradients for use as bump maps.  One with wider black
> areas than white are great for the flutes on a columns.  Works good for
> the riges on a garbage can too, just need to touch up the top and
> bottom.
>
> Anyway, just one of the other uses I found for POV.
>
> -Mike

  I too am thrilled when I can use Pov to create the tools it needs to
make it more effectivete than it already is. A well designed gradient
also makes great corregated metal for out buildings and the ocassional
quansit hut or tool shed. Also would work for aluminum siding on a
trailer house but I don't know anyone who would stoop so low asss to actualy
render one. There are just some things that raytracing shouldn't be asked
to do.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net