POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Aspect Ratio in POV : Re: Aspect Ratio in POV Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:28:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aspect Ratio in POV
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 18 Feb 1999 10:07:48
Message: <36CC2C99.2800AD65@aol.com>
Found the relevent part of the P-R 3.* DOC under Shell Command
Sequencing:

---snipping
Here is the sequence of events in an animation loop. Non-animated scenes
work the exact same way except there is no loop.

  1)  Process all INI file keywords and command line switches just once.
  2)  Open any text output streams and do Create_INI if any.
  3)  Execute Pre_Scene_Command if any.
  4)  Loop through frames (or just do once on non-animation).
      a)  Execute Pre_Frame_Command if any.
      b)  Parse entire scene file, open output file and read settings,
          turn on display, render the frame, destroy all objects,
          textures etc., close output file, close display.
      c)  Execute Post_Frame_Command if any.
      d)  Go back to 4 a until all frames are done.
  5)  Execute Post_Scene_Command if any.
  6)  Exit POV-Ray.
---unsnipping

As you can see by item one, appears to not be plausible. However, then
item 2 states writing to a new INI. What for? If a 2-cycle render is not
going to re-read the INI... so I don't know now. Trying it out is worth
a hundred "what-ifs" I suppose.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
 mailto:inv### [at] aolcom?PoV