POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Where are you? : Re: Where are you? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 07:19:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where are you?
From: Ken
Date: 17 Feb 1999 14:55:55
Message: <36CB1E67.2FBCBA1B@pacbell.net>
Margus Ramst wrote:

> Ron Parker wrote in message <36cb00d4.0@news.povray.org>...
> >
> >My upcoming IRTC entry has two objects made of bicubics, one with
> >176 patches and one with 200 patches
>
> Hand-coded 200+176 patches?! Please tell me you're joking! I tried to
> hand-code a patch object once, but failed rather miserably. Beginning to
> feel inferior here...
>
> But really, my logic is that it's inefficient to hand-code bicubics (and
> triangle meshes), and I feel no shame using sPatch and mesh editors. So
> consider me a man of low morals.
>
> Margus

Besides it says quite clearly in the Pov docs that Patches are beyond
the capabilites of most users and they recommend using an external
program to generate them for you. If the Pov docs say it's ok to do it
with an external program, then it MUST be considered acceptable, even
to a dedicated Pov snob !!!

I have never seen in the Pov docs where it is recommended that you should
indent your sript on the other hand.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net