POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Too many layers? : Too many layers? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:17:13 EDT (-0400)
  Too many layers?
From: Anthony Bennett
Date: 17 Feb 1999 11:53:53
Message: <36CAF589.6B52DB56@panama.phoenix.net>
Hello, all. I'm working on a texture that looks like the flag of the
USA, and I have a background texture with the thirteen
bands/strips/stripes. I also have a star texture which consists of three
triangle-like textures piled on top of each other. These triangles are
made of 2 layers in themselves The problem occurs when I try to stick in
50 stars. POV begins to render and then just stops and complains about
too many layers. Is there any way of increasing the ammount of layers it
accepts beyond 256?. According to my calculations (1+(3*2)*50)=301
layers. Can I make it work? Or will I be forced to use an image map?

Thanks in advance for any input guys.