POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Where are you? : Re: Where are you? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:15:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where are you?
From: Ken
Date: 16 Feb 1999 19:45:10
Message: <36CA10B5.FA348E86@pacbell.net>
Mark Palmquist wrote:

> Damn, Ken I was off by a few miles. Tustin, is the El Toro air base still there?  I
thought it
> was closing down a few years ago.  Saw the Blue Angles there in '93.

Tustin is actualy about 10 miles north of the El Tore marine base.
In Tustin itself is the Marine Air Corps helicopter division stationed
where the old WW II blimp hagers are. Both the Tustin Base and El Toro
are slated for closure very soon and local communities are scrambling
around trying to think up ways to capitolize on all of that valuable
real estate that is going to be released into their custody. There is
a very large contingent of people that would like to turn the El Toro
site into a new international airport to help relieve traffic at John
Wayne and Los Angeleus International but that is still down the road
a few years. The military has been dumping jet fuels and who knows
what else into the soil around there for over 50 years now and it has
been elevated to a superfund toxic cleanup site. I see a couple of
years at least to take care of soil remediation and detoxification
testing for all of the downstream water supplies and aquafiers.

Anyway this is about as much off topic posting I care to be envolved in.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net